Leanmeandigital.uk (Website) is brought to you by Lean Mean Digital Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 10464598, whose registered office address is 13 Lawson Road, Parkstone, Poole, BH12 3EH.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and all other relevant legislation, Lean Mean Digital Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
Information that you provide
Personal information about you (such as your name, email address, phone number) will be obtained, whenever you complete forms on the Website.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, sign up to a service, enter into a contract with us, share information via the Website’s social media functions, enter a competition, complete a survey, report a problem with the Website.
It is unlikely that we shall need to request sensitive personal data from you but should we request such data, we will give you additional information as to why we are requesting the sensitive personal data and how we will use it and obtain your consent if required.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
- receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices;
- give consent to any transfer of his/her data;
Information from third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us supply our services to you.
Information that we will collect automatically:
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling;
- marketing – see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services that may affect you;
- improving our services.
What is our lawful basis or ground for using your personal data?
Under laws that are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis or ground each time we use, share or otherwise process your personal data.
We may also need to process your personal data to comply with any legal obligations which may be applicable. Likewise, we may process your personal data where this is in the public interest or it is to protect your vital interests, but this will only be in rare circumstances.
In most cases, our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our services to you.
Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may not be strictly necessary to perform our services to you, however, they may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests.
When we say “legitimate interests”, we mean our (or a third party’s) interests in enabling us to provide our services to you as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this in part because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
Marketing and opting out
If you have provided your consent, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- a third party who acquires Lean Mean Digital Ltd or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- entered details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we use data servers that may transfer data out of the EEA we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
All information you provide to us is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing your data, accounting purposes and social media purposes for example. A copy of your information is also stored securely on our internal server and computers where access is restricted.
Please note that we review all processors we utilise and ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data, such as adherence to binding corporate rules or compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which is a mechanism that ensures compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can learn more about Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
You can change your mind, remove or amend your consent at any time.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased.
- If you wish us to continue to store your information but wish us to keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let us know.
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, for direct marketing purposes for example. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email of telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you in a CSV file. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to object to any direct marketing.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Lean Mean Digital Ltd. 13 Lawson Road, Parkstone, Poole. BH12 3EH.
These rights may not apply in all situations or in relation to all types of processing.
You will need to provide proof of identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate
Lean Mean Digital Ltd only offers services to individuals over the age of 16. In using our services, you confirm that you have read and consented to this Policy and verify that you are over the age of 16.
- recognise you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (browser settings)
Consent (notification on site load)
Third party cookies
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our Website, for example Google, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube which we may use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose of cookie||Duration|
|_ga||Google Inc.||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_gat||Google Inc.||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Session|
|_gid||Google Inc.||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Session|
|collect||Google Inc.||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session|
|_hjRecordingEnabled||HotJar||Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.||Session|
|_hjIncludedInSample||HotJar||Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.||Session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||Tries to estimate the users' bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days|
|YSC||YouTube||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen||Session|
|PREF||YouTube||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.||8 months|
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send us an email at email@example.com or you can write to us at Lean Mean Digital Ltd. 13 Lawson Road, Parkstone, Poole. BH12 3EH.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you may direct them to the ICO. More information on the ICO can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk